Salary: £10.00 p/h +
To manage and support the various Quality team's, with KPI's and Processes. Also support the customer service and Zero Defects departments.
Main Responsibilities And Tasks:
- To carry out inspections to company procedures and BS308 drawings
- Ensure that Customer (both internal and external) quality queries are dealt with promptly, efficiently and professionally.
- To maintain quality documentation in a neat and methodical manner, both in paper copy and or electronically.
- To conduct defect investigations and present written preventative and corrective actions using TECHS.
- To liaise with the other departments to ensure that corrective actions and/or reworks are undertaken, and that actions and/or reports are produced in a timely manner using PPSR's.
- To assist in other Quality Department activities, too included, but not limited to, daily KPI measures, creating return notifications for Suppliers and Internal rework.
- To observe Health and Safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
Education, Training And Background Experience:
- Experience in using computer systems is essential.
- Quality and Mechanical background essential
- Experience in machine based work and understanding quality plans
- Must be familiar with mechanical measurement techniques and be able to use electrical and mechanical measuring equipment. Veneers, Calipers, Micrometers and Digital measuring instruments.
- Must be capable of reading BS308 drawings.
- Understanding of AS9100 quality management system
- Good general education to GCSE level.
- ONC or C & G in Mechanical Engineering or similar technical qualifications is advantageous
- The ability to work on own initiative,
- Must have both reliability and accuracy under pressure.
- A generally positive manner is desired, as is a high degree of flexibility.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.