Must have motor industry experience
Leads and manages financial reporting and control on behalf of the business to ensure that profitability is achieved
Key Job Areas:
Leads the Finance Team:
- Ensures all members of the Finance team understand the implications of their role and impact on accurate accounts reporting
- Leads the Finance team by example and demonstrates the values and behaviours required to ensure accurate reporting
Establishes and maintains effective systems of financial reporting and control:
- Reviews and improves financial reports for the Group to ensure they meet business needs, best practice and statutory requirements
- Leads the implementation of new financial systems on behalf of the Group and ensures that these are fully integrated with existing systems
- Manages the ongoing maintenance and development of key financial systems
- Manages the compilation and submission of key business performance data
Manages the production of accurate and timely financial and management accounts:
- Ensures that management accounts are completed accurately and kept up to date - in accordance with agreed standards
- Manages the production of management accounts and VAT returns
- Manages the production of financial accounts to UK accounting standards
- Ensures internal audits are carried out periodically to ensure that accounting records are being maintained to agreed standards
Manages business funding and cashflow to ensure budgeted levels of performance are achieved:
- Works with the Trading Board team to develop annual budgets to achieve planned levels of profitability for the year ahead
- Works with the Trading Board to manage cashflow and borrowings within agreed limits
- Ensures that credit control procedures are effectively set up and managed
Liaises with external advisers and statutory authorities on behalf of the business:
Liaises with external advisers and representatives from statutory bodies to provide information about the business (e.g. HMRC, National Statistics)
Manages and develops individuals:
- Monitors staff training needs, ensuring training and development plans are in place for all members of the finance team
- Works with individuals to address performance issues - (e.g. by providing coaching)
- Assesses potential recruits for the finance team
Work as a full member of the Trading Board team:
- Works as part of the Trading Board team to put together a medium term business strategy and agree priorities and targets
- Provides detailed financial assessment of proposals for new projects or investments, using a range of commercial criteria
- Works with colleagues and other teams across the Group to provide a seamless service to customers
Key Success Criteria:
- Timeliness and accuracy of financial information
- Cashflow management within agreed limits
- External relationships (e.g. TFS, banks, manufacturers)
- Teamworking with other managers and their teams across the Group
- Staff motivation and turnover
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.