An Accounts Assistant is required to work as part of the accounts team dealing with the accounting requirement of the business. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel are essential.
- General correspondence as required
- Responding to incoming emails
- Dealing with utility companies, arranging contracts when necessary, and overseeing incoming invoices
- Monthly bank account reconciliations
- Assisting with the preparation and issue of monthly, quarterly, and year end service charge accounts and budgets
- Assisting with the entering of daily/weekly income from leaseholders
- Assisting with PAYE for 2 staff
- Dealing with questions and complaints from leaseholders in the office or on the telephone
- Assisting with the preparation of landlord statements
- Attending meetings with surveyors and Directors to discuss financial matters if required
- Liaising with immediate colleagues within the accounts department and colleagues in the administration and surveying departments to ensure that a comprehensive service is offered to all clients
- Assisting in the issuing of service charge and ground rent invoices to leaseholders
- Assisting with answering the general office telephone system including taking messages where necessary and responding to enquiries relating to accounts matters
- Participating in making hot drinks and franking/posting mail
- Basic mathematical ability and a keen interest and enjoyment in working with figures
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Attention to detail in all work and good memory skills will be useful
- Touch typing to a good standard of accuracy
- Good standard of English and accurate spelling and punctuation
- Pleasant telephone manner and ability to take short but comprehensive messages for colleagues
- Pleasant disposition to deal with clients and leaseholders within office, often including the need for considerable patience
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines in a very busy office
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit accounts team
Hours: Full time
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum DOE
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.