This is an exciting opportunity to join a well established Accounts Department within a leading Solicitor's practice in Eastbourne.
You would be working in a friendly environment with a range of benefits which would include pension, 20 days holiday, free fruit each month, and the opportunity to attend our funded staff events (at least four each year).
- Receiving and processing credits from clients
- Processing invoices
- Taking card payments from clients
- Processing searches onto client matters
- Processing Land Registry payments onto client matters
- Printing cheques
- Office overhead payments - processing and filing
- Transferring money on client matters
- Setting up telegraphic transfer payments
- Reconciliation of previous working days' processing
- Dealing with internal queries
- Knowledge of computerised accounting systems
- Computer literate - particularly in Microsoft Office products
- Able to work accurately and efficiently to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Previous experience in a general accounts role
- High standard of communication skills - both written and verbal
- Able to build and maintain positive working relationships with others and is seen as "approachable"
This position is subject to a satisfactory DBS check and right to work status.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.