|Job Title:||Accounts Assistant|
|Salary:||£20000 - £23500 per annum + Outer Fringe Allowance|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 28, 2019 16:59|
Position: Accounts Assistant
Salary: £20,000 to £23000 per annum + fringe allowance
Our Client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join them on a full time basis. The working hours are Monday to Thursday - 8am to 4pm and Friday - 8am to 3.30pm.
Ideally they are looking for the successful candidate to join as soon as possible on a temporary basis with a view to going permanent but candidates with a notice period will be considered for a permanent post.
- Assist with the completion of month end closure and to include the review of trial balance and control accounts.
- Assist with the regular monitoring of sales ledgers and purchase ledgers to promote good cash flow and debt management.
- Assist with the preparation of internal and external reports and returns as required.
- Assist with the compilation of year end documentation and audit file.
- Assist with the monitoring of capital projects.
- Assist with the preparation, checking and submission of the monthly VAT returns. Process associated journals.
- Processing transactions - purchase and sales ledger.
- Making payments - BACS/cheques.
- Process charge card transactions.
- Process petty cash transactions.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Undertake internal journal transfers.
- Process payroll journals.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's