This is a great opportunity for a Senior Accounts Assistant to join a busy finance department within a market leading organisation based in Crowborough.
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000 (DOE)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Sales ledger, cash receipt allocation, and daily invoicing routines
- Processing and calculation of customer rebate credit notes
- Delivery of monthly sales ledger statements
- Credit control
- Processing new account applications for presentation to the Financial Director
- Resolving accounts queries and liaising with customers and other departments
- Processing supplier invoices onto the purchase ledger
- Reconciling purchase ledger balances to supplier statements
- Preparation, processing, and authorisation of monthly supplier payment runs
- Purchase ledger cash allocation
- AAT or similar qualification beneficial, but not essential
- Minimum of three years' experience working in an accounts office environment
- Well organised with good communication skills
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and able to work with your own initiative
- Ability to follow a process and work to deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Good PC skills with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A working knowledge of Sage accounts packages or equivalent would be an advantage
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.