|Job Title:||Accounts Clerk|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£16000 - £19000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 14, 2020 16:56|
37.5 hrs per week, 9-5, Mon-Fri.
24 days holiday, plus all bank holidays, plus additional days at Christmas
Contributory pension scheme
Health cash plan provision
We are looking for someone to work within our Clients small, friendly, tight-knit accounts team.
The duties will include:
- Double entry book keeping and reconciliation of accounts - on the inhouse computer system
- Basic banking duties
- Handling client account queries - usually over the phone / by email
- Handling queries associated with customers statements of account
- Setting up, and processing premium finance arrangements
- Covering office support duties: post / switchboard/reception - when needed (during holidays etc)
Full training and support will be given on all of these duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Good communication skills; across phone / email / correspondence - both to assist their work with colleagues as well as liaison with customers and suppliers
- A keenness to learn
- An ability to plan their own work and carry out assigned tasks within required deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Be comfortable and proficient using a computer and a phone
- The ability to work effectively and productively with colleagues, in a team environment.
Minimal experience in an accounts role is preferred.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's