Position: Accounts Supervisor
Vacancy Number: 1374972
This is an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Supervisor to join a leading freight forwarding company in Basildon.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Multi Currency Bank Reconciliations
- Ordering of Stationery/supplies for office
- Chasing overseas agents for payments/contras
- Inter-company group reconciliations Sales and Purchase Ledger
- Uploading all Expense invoices to system including accruals/prepayments with strict month end deadlines
- Reconciliation of Revenues/Costs between Freight system and finance system monthly
- Credit Applications processing of new customers accounts
- Supervision of the Credit Controller and Accounts Assistant and delegation of the appropriate work load
- Weekly meetings with Credit Controller for update on the aged debtors and escalation where needed to Finance Director/MD
- VAT returns ensuring all legislative responsibilities are met
- Provide cover to the Finance Director in their absence ensuring efficient and smooth running of the department
- Ability to lead and manage the team of 4 staff in Finance and the back office
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously
Education and qualifications
- Strong knowledge/experience of Excel
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.