|Job Title:||Administration Assistant|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £9.00 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 09, 2019 12:01|
You will be the first point of contact to members of the public and clients, provide administrative support and to ensure confidentiality at all times.
This position will require a Fully Enhanced DBS check
- Undertake administrative duties in accordance with departmental requirements.
- Undertake reception duties in an office/establishment and provide information.
- Provide telephone cover and a message service in an office/establishment.
- Undertake photocopying and fax transmissions.
- Produce simple correspondence and reports from tapes and written documents.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Maintain filing systems, including establishment of new files.
- Provide cover for administrative staff and retrieve data from data base.
- Accurately input data into mainframe systems, databases and spreadsheets
- Minute, produce and distribute accurate records of meetings.
- Process files for archiving, set up and maintain resource libraries.
- Administer an Imprest account, including petty cash, travel, warrants.
- Process invoices arrange countersignature and pass for payment.
- Order, maintain stocks of relevant stationery forms.
- To apply consistently the principles of Equal Opportunities,
- To undertake any other tasks commensurate with the post, as required by the manager/supervisor, ensuring that all duties undertaken are done so in accordance with departmental policies, practices, procedures and standards.
- Duties may vary from time to time without changing and you will need to be flexible
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word
- Knowledge of Liquid Logic software would be preferred
- Excellent customer service, telephone manner skills
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Previous Secretarial experience of working with the public
- Ability to deal on the phone with distressed and aggressive clients
- Ability to produce accurate records while inputting data on the system
- Work effectively between departments
- Able to undertake a diverse workload
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's