Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
|Job Title:||Advanced Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£22 - £29 per hour|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 26, 2020 01:43|
This is temporary to permanent position for the right candidate.
Our client is in the Aerospace Defence & Marine Division and is currently seeking a highly motivated Advanced Manufacturing Engineer to analyse and resolve complex manufacturing and processing problems. This position will provide knowledge and leadership to plant engineering on data driven problem solving techniques and solutions. When not working on the above key objectives, this position will support identifying and implementing Cost Savings Projects, Manufacturing Best Practices and Next Generation Technologies.
The Manufacturing Problems mentioned will primarily be in the areas of Assembly, Moulding, Machining or Plating but may also extend beyond these areas. This individual will use Advanced Engineering techniques to analyse data in conjunction with Plant Engineering resources to determine the root cause of problems and then design and implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate. This will require a mentality of not just resolving the issue but also one of preventing it from re-occurring.
This position will require a highly skilled individual who in knowledgeable in Manufacturing Problem solving and Process Development. It is preferred the candidate is knowledge in Lean / Six Sigma and Design of Experiments, with some demonstrated record of using these skills to solve manufacturing problems. Knowledge of vision inspection and basic robotics is also a plus.
This is full time role at 39 hours per week. The primary role of this position will be to identify and resolve critical high impact manufacturing problems which are negatively impacting Quality, Cost or Delivery. Candidate must be able to work as part of a team, assuring that a solid analytical method is used for determining root cause of manufacturing problems. Will be expected to provide Leadership to the Team thru knowledge and experience in advance problem solving and resolution. Individual to be a self-starter and require minimum supervision, having excellent time management skills and the ability to work well under pressure and balance priorities is essential. Must have strong written and oral skills as they will be required to interface with team members, suppliers, and upper management.
- Use data driven analytical techniques such as Lean / Six Sigma/ DOE to determine root causes of Manufacturing problems.
- Provide leadership in problem analysis and development of engineering solutions.
- Use Engineering knowledge and experience to design, develop or revise manufacturing processes to eliminate defects or improve cost.
- Work with Process Leaders and Centers of Excellence to implement the best and most effective manufacturing processes.
- Use statistical methods to assure process capability.
- Develop, document and train plant personnel on revised manufacturing procedures.
- Suggest design changes to reduce costs, improve manufacturing efficiency, and resolve manufacturing problems.
- Support implementing cost savings projects, best practices and next generation technologies.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or a combined HNC / HND technical degree is required. Relevant Connector or Small Component Assembly experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of how to set-up and execute Design of Experiments is preferred.
- Candidate must be self-sufficient from an Assembly Process Design / Development standpoint but capable of reaching collaborative team solutions.
- Ability to perform capability studies on manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of PFMEA process is preferred.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing tools is highly preferred.
- Strong (English) verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Competency with CAD software for basic fixture design is required.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and a basic CAD package. Knowledge of Dash Boarding software and MiniTab is preferred but not required.
- Must have good time management skills to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in Mil-Aero products is desirable but not a requirement.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's