Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
|Job Title:||Advanced Manufacturing Engineer|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2020 11:57|
Salary: Up to £60k p/a
This position will provide knowledge and leadership and knowledge to the plant on problem solving techniques and solutions, which are data driven. This position will support identification and implementation of Cost Savings Projects, Manufacturing Best Practices and the Next Generations Technologies. This position is very much for someone who can drive change, a leader for change and projects.
Manufacturing areas will primarily be in Moulding, Assembly, and Machining but may also extend beyond these areas. This individual will use Advanced Engineering techniques and analyze data in conjunction with Plant Engineering resources, the successful applicant will use Advanced Engineering techniques to determine the root cause of problems and then design and implement preventative and corrective actions to eliminate. This will require resolution of the issue whilst preventing it from re-occurring.
The primary role of this position will be to identify and resolve manufacturing problems. Candidate need to be able to work as part of a team, assuring that a analytical method is used for determining the root cause of manufacturing problems. Providing Leadership to the Team through experience and knowledge in advance problem solving and resolution. Applicants need to be proactive self-starters who require minimum supervision, with excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and work well under pressure. Strong written and oral skills are required as you would be interfacing with team members, suppliers, and upper management.
- Initiate and drive change, for change and projects
- Analyze and resolve complex manufacturing problems.
- Use data driven analytical techniques such as Lean / Six Sigma/ DOE to determine the root causes of Manufacturing problems.
- Provide leadership in the development of engineering solutions.
- Develop, design, or revise manufacturing processes to improve cost or eradicate defects
- Develop, document and train plant personnel on revised manufacturing procedures.
- Suggest design changes to improve manufacturing efficiency, reduce costs, and resolve manufacturing problems.
- Support implementing the next generation technologies.
Required experience and Skills:
- A Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering Degree or a combined HNC / HND technical degree is required.
- This position will require a highly skilled individual who is knowledgeable in Process Development and Manufacturing Problem solving
- Working knowledge of how-to set-up and execute Design of Experiments is preferred.
- Candidate must be capable of reaching collaborative team solutions.
- self-sufficient from an Assembly Process Design / Development standpoint
- The Ability to perform capability studies on manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Knowledge of PFMEA process is preferred.
- Small Component Assembly or Connector experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing tools and six sigma is highly preferred.
- Strong (English) verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Competency with CAD software for basic fixture design is required.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Excel, Word and a basic CAD package. Coding skills are required.
- Knowledge of Dash Boarding software and MiniTab is preferred but not required.
- Must have good multi skills and time management skills to work on numerous projects simultaneously
- Knowledge in Mil-Aero products is desirable but not a requirement.
- It is preferred the candidate is knowledgeable in Lean / Six Sigma and Design of Experiments, with some demonstrated record of using these skills to solve manufacturing problems.
- Knowledge of basic robotics and vision inspection is also a plus.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's