This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Analyst Developer to join a leading educational institution based near Brighton.
You will be part of an established team that supports and develops the institution's student records system and associated data exchanges with other business applications with a focus on developing web and other interfaces which help users securely access and maintain data in order to improve the student and staff experience. The post holder will undertake support, analysis, development, testing, and documentation activities as appropriate, participating in system development projects that meet the strategic and operational needs of the institution.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To be a technical expert taking responsibility for developing and delivering services related to business applications, e.g. the student records system and web portal; and to contribute to the formulation of strategies with using specialist knowledge
- To carry out project work on the business applications and bespoke modules including work planning, analysis, designing robust solutions, advising clients, consultation with team members, solving problems, etc. focusing on relevant aspects which are dependent on the stage of the project
- To ensure the production of reliable, accurate management information from administrative systems enabling managers to make informed decisions on a regular and ad hoc basis
- To train and support users of the services, both verbally and via documentation, to ensure they fully understand the capabilities and limitations of the systems, and the consequences of alternative actions when using them
- To design, agree, test, implement, document and follow all necessary measures to provide a reliable production service
- To ensure security of systems to prevent loss of data, loss of availability, errors in data, and violation of privacy
- To be aware of business and administration needs, the business cycle of an educational institution, and changing computing methods and equipment
- To undertake other duties appropriate to the grade of the post as agreed with the Lead Analyst/Developer
- Good knowledge of or a willingness to learn one or more of the following: Oracle PL/SQL, SQLServer, T-SQL, Tribal SITS, and e:Vision web portal
- Degree or equivalent significant proven professional experience in a similar role
- Previous higher educational experience would be preferred
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.