Our client is looking for an analyst to join the Operations and Reporting Team. This is an interesting role that sits at the nexus of analytical and operational sides and the whole team works closely with colleagues across Markets & Banking. The job holder will be key in providing operational advice on policy workstreams to ensure the end result is implementable, providing analytical support to the credit risk reporting team, and coordinating annual reviews of a portfolio of policies within FRMD.
Analysts will typically be expected to specialise in one of the areas within the division's credit and collateral responsibilities, whilst still showing the willingness and ability to provide support and challenge in the other areas of the Credit Pillar's work. Analysts are expected to be thought leaders within their area of expertise.
- Design, development and implementation of new risk and data systems: the job holder will be work closely with colleagues in FRRD and M&B COOD to design and deliver two medium-term workstreams: (i) a new data warehouse to enable FRMD/FRRD to report and analyse accurate, consistent and timely financial risk data; and, (ii) a new risk system architecture to enable customisation of risk calculations and reports, in a system that interfaces seamlessly with the trading environment.
- Analysis of credit risk reports: the team is responsible for delivering regular credit risk reports, the job holder will take the lead role for providing analytical input into these reports.
- Operational interpretation of policy: the team works with others in the Credit Pillar in FRMD and teams in FRRD to ensure that proposed policies are implementable, and advising on how to implement in systems.
- Annual review of financial risk related Organisation-wide policies: the team coordinates FRMD's input into a number of Organisation-wide policies. The job-holder will take the lead to ensure FRMD's views are fed into the updates by liaising with senior managers and managers across the division.There will be opportunities for cross-divisional and working; for example, undertaking credit analysis.
- Track record of pro-actively identifying creative solutions for new processes and policies;
- Advanced Level Excel skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex information in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring output to different audiences;
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Willingness and ability to lead teams on specific pieces of work.
- Experience of being part of, or leading, project work.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a varied workload with both short and long term deadlines;
- A background in some or all the areas covered by the team's responsibilities (for example, risk reporting or systems knowledge).