An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Application Support Specialist for our client based in Uckfield. The successful applicant will support business applications and provide IT support to 350+ employees across multiple sites in the UK.
Our client delivers its IT service through 100% cloud-based providers and would suit somebody with experience in application support or similar, and is keen to expand their skills and expertise to provide support within this environment. The successful candidate will also have experience providing 1st and 2nd line support of bespoke systems
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Providing remote technical support to teams within the organisation across multiple sites
- Providing remote technical support to external users from around the country
- Prioritising technical issues based on impact and severity
- Identifying recurring issues providing analysis on cause
- Identifying and resolving technical issues
- Maintaining and updating technical documents and procedures
- Possessing specialist knowledge of applications and software including internal bespoke system 'Gateway 2'
- Working with the service desk ensuring all issues are logged and actioned
- 1+ years' experience in an application support or similar role
- Experience providing 1st and 2nd line support of bespoke systems
- Ability to explain complex ideas to those with limited IT and systems knowledge
- Clear communicator with excellent customer service skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving
- Self-starter able to work without close supervision to achieve goals
- Calm, organised, and professional manner even when working under pressure
- Ability to read and write structured query language (SQL) is desirable
Benefits: 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; Health cash plan; Perkbox
Monday to Friday - 7.5 hours per day between 8am and 6pm.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.