We are looking for an assembly operator to complete assembly tasks - you will assemble and ensure output is completed within the target delivery time, to the right quality and quantity and customer satisfaction is maintained and productivity objectives are achieved and improved.
- To complete assembly and packing tasks.
- To manage and maintain stock for the Assembly function, maintaining accuracy of stock records in line with Company policy, ensuring good stock control and quality management processes are applied and followed.
- Ensuring all picked and prepared materials are accurate to the Bill of Materials and Drawings and the relevant and appropriate functions are aware of updates / amendments required.
- To update and maintain in a timely way any written / computer production and assembly records, including the booking in / out of goods and production, as required.
- To build and maintain trusting, profitable and supportive work relationships with work colleagues and customers.
- To carry out basic assembly tasks outlined by clear and simple process, such as press work, bending and shaping product, cutting to size, label printing, packing, basic visual quality checks, automatic testing activities, simple gluing and basic component assembly tasks using simple jigs, clamps, saws, press and power tools, drills, sockets and drivers.
- Multi-component assembly of a more complex nature, including some wiring and live/complex testing with the recording and monitoring of output data along with, in discussion with Line Management, the reviewing of work instruction, the preparation of work plans to deliver output and the interpretation and reference from drawings to deliver more complex work output using a range of work equipment/tools working as directed, delivering assembly and packing work output.
- Carrying and competently completing complex, large multi-component assemblies requiring a high level of concentration and focus to ensure components get assembled in the right order, accurately and are rigorously tested to ensure assembly reliability and output performance is maintained. Such activity will require the reference to complex drawings, the preparation of work plans, critical test routines and discussion on technical aspects of the work and components used. This level covers the full range of assembly duties and the ability to use the full range of machine tools and work equipment to deliver the required assembly function output as directed/required.
- Within a manufacturing assembly/fabrication environment where you are required to operate to deadlines and complete activity within a Production Takt time.
- Can demonstrate experience across the range of relevant assembly functions from assembly process to complex activities such as multi-component assembly, electrical wiring and use of machine tools.
- Data input experience and use of production/stock management IT system.
- Working individually and as part of a Team to achieve goals
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.