|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Location:||Hailsham, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£22000 - £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||February 21, 2019 16:42|
This is a fantastic opening for an experienced Assistant Accountant / Senior Accounts Assistant to join an established finance company based in Hailsham.
This is an exciting position which will give you a great opportunity to gain additional training and support whilst working closely with the existing accountants within the business. Ideally you will be working towards your ACCA qualification and support will be given to help you achieve this.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Monthly management accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Nominal ledger journals
- Reconcile intruder payments
- Client tax returns
- Annual returns
- Preparing client accounts
- Communicating with clients
- Prepayments and subscriptions
- Process property invoices
- Analysis of printer log
- Invoice client for services
- Incorporate companies
- Update client timetable
- Biannual reports
- Fixed asset register
- PAYE for clients
- Uploading commission statements
- Handling of petty cash
- Reconcile petty cash amount
- Processing Director expenses and credit card analysis
- Reconcile Rents
- Analysis of bank accounts
- Chasing debt from previous tenants
- Keeping log of debtors
- Key performance indicators
- You will need to have a minimum of 3 years Accounts experience
- An AAT qualification is essential and preferably looking to work towards your ACA/ACCA
- A friendly, helpful, co-operative phone manner
- Extensive planning, organisational and time management skills
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's