|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Salary:||£18000 - £22000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||May 14, 2019 14:38|
This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading accountancy company.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Preparing VAT returns
- Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers, and journals
- Assisting with year-end and statutory accounts
- Basic payroll
- Preparation of company and personal tax returns (training will be provided)
- Undertaking projects and assignments as they arise
- Preparing and finalising accounts for both Sole Traders and Limited Companies
- Responsible for your own portfolio of clients
- Ad-hoc duties that will assist the accounting team
- Must have 1 to 2 years' experience of working in an accountancy practice
- Familiar with UK Accounting Standards
- Good Computer Skills, including Excel, Word, Outlook and Sage (or another Accounting
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Good Written Communication Skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and to remain calm and professional
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to take responsibility for your own actions
- Good team player with ability to work as part of a small team
Education and qualifications
- Ideally AAT qualified or working towards this
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's