£10-£15 per hour DOE (hide)
Our client in the Eastbourne area is looking for an Assistant Accountant, on a long-term temporary basis.
You will be assisting with financial reporting and audits, as well as completing reconciliations.
- Assisting with the delivery of information for Month/Year end reports
- Assisting to prepare and post Income & Expenditure accruals and prepayment journals
- Supporting preparation of the annual audit, and VAT returns
- Assisting to maintain the Fixed Asset Register
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations
- Following financial regulations and procedures, and supporting staff accordingly
- Participating in process improvements as directed
- Undertaking professional development as appropriate
- Use of ILT systems
- Compliance with all relevant policies
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required
Experience is essential. Candidates must be computer literate with good Excel skills. You must be enthusiastic, committed and conscientious with the ability to use initiative.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.