|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||October 23, 2019 14:11|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join an established business based in Eastbourne.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance to the Senior Management Accountant ensuring all accounting duties are completed accurately and on time.
Salary: £20,000 - £30,000 DOE
Additional training, support or study leave will be provided to gain additional qualifications.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Assist with the preparation of management accounts
- Analyse and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers
- Post journal entries for revenue and accrued expenses
- VAT returns
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting and cash flow forecasting
- Other Accounting duties to support the Management Accountant as required
- Undertake other responsibilities as requested by the Company
- Ideally you will be AAT qualified or have a MSc degree in Accounting & Finance. Candidates working towards this will also be considered
- A minimum of 2 years industry experience is essential
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Experience with Oracle accountancy software (Desirable)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's