|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant|
|Location:||St Leonards-On-Sea, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£23000 - £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2020 16:23|
Position: Assistant Accountant
Location: St Leonards on Sea
We are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join a friendly manufacturing business based in St Leonards on Sea. You will work with the Company Accountant/Finance Director and be expected to complete a variety of tasks on a daily and monthly basis. Credit control, supplier reconciliations, bank reconciliations, prepayments, accruals, management accounts are just some of the tasks that will be required of the candidate.
There is potential for other ad hoc tasks, such as office administration, including letter writing and telephone answering, to mention a few. Having an element of HR experience would be beneficial, as well as payroll experience. However, this will not deter management from considering your application if you do not have this experience. This role requires a high level of communication with a number of internal and external stakeholders by telephone, email and in person. You will become a vital part of a close knit and highly motivated team focussed on providing a great experience for customers.
Part-time would be considered for the right candidate with a minimum of 27.5 hours per week, with the requirement of increasing to 37.5 hours per week for holiday cover when necessary.
- Provide assistance and support to the Company Accountant/Finance Director
- Prepare and circulate management accounts in an accurate and timely manner to the relevant individuals
- Liaise with customer service regarding whether orders can be despatched and other tasks surrounding credit limits, payment history etc
- Ensure records are up to date for customers and on the accounting system so informed decisions can be made quickly and accurately
- You will be required to work closely with customer service and production to ensure maximum efficiency of manufacturing, balancing the cost of wastage and downtime with meeting customers' needs
- The job will require a high level of attention to detail. Good people skills with a friendly approach and excellent communication skills will be required, providing a great experience for colleagues, suppliers and customers.
The ideal candidate would be AAT qualified, and have industry experience within Accounts.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's