Assistant Accountant (Practice)
|Job Title:||Assistant Accountant (Practice)|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£20000 - £22000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||September 18, 2020 15:44|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join an established Accountancy practice based in Eastbourne.
This position provides a great opportunity to gain additional training and the business will also providing funding towards further studies. Ideally you will already be AAT qualified and working towards ACCA/ ACA with a minimum of 1 years practice accountancy experience.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Preparing year end accounts for Limited Companies, Sole Traders and Partnerships
- Preparing Corporation Tax and Personal tax computations
- Quarterly VAT Returns
- Analysing client data
- Liaising with clients and third parties such as HMRC and Companies House
- Supporting the Partner to promote the firm and continue to deliver a high standard of service
- Ad hoc office duties
- A minimum of 1-2 years' practice experience is essential for this position
- You will need to be comfortable in preparing accounts for a variety of different clients
- Familiar with accounting and bookkeeping software packages
- Must be proactive as a team member and happy to work on own initiative
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good organisational and time keeping skills
- Confident with a professional manner
- A qualification in, or working towards ACA/ACCA
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's