The primary responsibility is to procure materials, products and services from qualified vendors and to monitor associated costs, quality and delivery as defined by the business model / requirements. This role is for 4 weeks possible longer.
- Create and issue purchase orders to satisfy sales, production and inventory requirements.
- Respond to price and delivery requests from the sales and production departments.
- Constantly strive to improve vendor performance on price, lead-time and associated costs.
- Analyse inventory levels of tiered products with a view to reducing overall stock holding without compromising customer expectations.
- Utilise inventory management and purchasing strategies.
- Coordinate with Product Management / Material Control to develop a structured purchasing plan for products and services.
- Establish regular communication with vendors and develop a network of contacts thus ensuring an efficient working relationship.
- To be fully conversant with assigned product groups and services and keep up to date with new technology and developments within the industry. Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- In conjunction with Quality and Product Management assist in vendor qualification audits, inspections and negotiations, this may involve travel to meet with vendors at their facilities.
- Other Duties as assigned
Qualifications and experience:
- Good communication skills
- Positive mental attitude
- Minimum 5 GCSE's or equivalent
- Job related qualification and/or experience
- Supply chain experience
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook. Power Point)
Preferred but not essential:
- Foreign language
- Quality, H&S and ISO experience
- MRP/ERP system experience
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.