Working in two departments, one of them being materials which consists of fairly straightforward intercompany ordering and progress chasing items that are coming in to ensure they are administered properly at the head office.
The second department is for Pumps / Fluids and Guages, where duties would consist of ordering / expediting and also carrying out a lot of RFQs (request for quotation) There are two strategic suppliers in this mix. Quick RFQs will be needed and again a great attention to detail.
Other duties include drop shipping imported products and supplying consignment customers.
The ideal Candidate will have:
Accurate data entry skills & attention to detail
Job related qualification and/or experience
Supply chain experience
Computer literacy (Excel, Word, Outlook. Power Point)
Good communication skills
Preferred but not essential:
Quality, H&S and ISO experience
MRP/ERP system experience
- Execute purchases for defined products from qualified suppliers to support distribution and manufacturing efforts
- Maintain the accuracy of the purchase order delivery dates.
- Create and issue purchase orders to satisfy sales orders, production orders, and stocking requirements for distributed goods.
- Create and issue open order reports to Procurement Specialists and suppliers.
- Correspond with suppliers and Procurement Specialists to update purchase order status.
- Create and issue purchase orders for MRO (Maintenance, Repair, and Operations) needs.
- Respond to price and delivery requests for non-stocked items as required by the sales and production departments.
- Respond to price and delivery requests for MRO needs.
- Create and issue debit memos to return products for credit, repair, and/or replacement.
- Evaluate stocking levels based on historical transactions and sale forecasts to minimize the inventory required to satisfy customers.
- Maintain the item table for assigned products, particularly the purchase price, cost price, and lead time fields.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with the assigned suppliers.
- Deliver performance feedback to the suppliers regarding quality, on-time deliveries, and customer service satisfaction.
- Other Duties as assigned
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.