This is an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Services Director to join a leading national charity to manage the line managers and to lead the Services Management Team. This is a fixed term 1 year contract.
- This is a new position which has been created to ensure the successful and sustainable delivery and development of the client's services in East Sussex by supporting the Services Director.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- To lead the Services Management Team and provide line management to service managers (and others as agreed) in line with agreed policy.
- To ensure effective contract/account management of commissioned services, and work closely with the Finance and Office Manager to ensure that all related HR, financial, legal, insurance, policy and procedural requirements are fulfilled.
- To ensure compliance with required professional and regulatory standards.
- To act as the key point of contact between the local office and the national office in respect of services for older people.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing significant change within service provision and within organisations.
- Demonstrable experience of setting and managing budgets.
- Knowledge of developing and marketing a service to paying customers.
- Experience of managing and/or working with volunteers.
- Experience of managing and delivering a marketing function.
- An understanding of quality management systems.
- Demonstrable ability to work at a senior Management level including managing across a range of functions/disciplines.
- Proven ability to think and operate effectively and efficiently at both a strategic and operational level.
- Excellent planning and project management skills.
- Sound negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to successfully represent an organisation.
- Excellent self-management skills; motivation, initiative, creativity and flexibility in a rapidly changing environment.
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills (including the ability to write clear reports and communicate sensitively with people at all levels).
- Evidence of working on own initiative and autonomously.
- Demonstrable track record of successfully leading and managing a team to maximise performance in achieving objectives.
- Excellent ICT, administrative and report writing skills.
Education and qualifications
Minimum Degree level qualification or equivalent
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.