Accounting & Financial Management
The team includes Accountants, Tax Advisors, Financial Planning Advisors, Strategy Consultants, Estate Planners and Corporate Finance Professionals.
The Associate Client Manager ("ACM") role sits within the Accounting team and is responsible for managing the day-to-day client relationships and services delivery within a portfolio of smaller SME clients. The role will involve the application of technical expertise and relational skills to deliver a range of accounting and technical services to clients.
- The ACMs client portfolio will include a spectrum of services including, year-end accounting, VAT, Payroll, bookkeeping and some tax work.
- The ACM will oversee the work of various accounting team members involved in the direct production of accounts, payroll etc.
- The ACM will be the final reviewer on most year-end and other compliance work and will have responsibilities for delivery and explaining the accounts to the client where required
- In completing work the ACM will coordinate with various other experts and departments around the firm to ensure that technical issues can be resolved for clients swiftly
Broader Management Responsibilities
The ACM will work closely with the senior Client Management team and will influence and contribute to the general running of the local business. Other responsibilities could include:
- Supporting and managing junior staff
- Resource management and planning
- Developing and improving internal processes and tools
Key Skills and Attributes:
The candidate will be a confident communicator with a natural ability to build and manage client relationships. He or She will be extremely numerate and have a broad technical understanding across the accounting and tax skill set. They will be able to demonstrate an ability to take initiative, work with minimal guidance and have a track record of improving the product and service they deliver.
- Qualified accountant or management accountant with experience working directly with clients in a professional services practice capacity (QBE will be considered)
- Two years post qualified experience
- An advanced user of MS Office, particularly Excel.
- Experience using Iris, Xero and Sage is highly desirable
- Can demonstrate they have a good level of commercial acumen with the ability to see beyond 'the numbers' and accounting treatments and interpret what they mean for a client
- Be a strong communicator and presenter, able to simplify complex accounting and business concepts
- Extremely good time and task management skill set. Able to demonstrate they can handle a busy work load, delegating work effectively across their team.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.