Description of Program:
Our reputable client is currently recruiting a Senior Software Engineer - Avionics on a permanent basis. They are a world-leader in the integration of cutting-edge defence and security systems, delivering decisive advantage to military, government and civil customers worldwide.
Purpose of Position:
This role is for a Senior Software Engineer who is looking to apply their software development experience and established technical aptitude in a new and challenging environment. The successful candidate will find themselves working on avionics programmes at various stages of the software development lifecycle, applying modern software engineering techniques on existing and new programmes. The successful candidate will have language, domain knowledge and experience relevant to defence avionics embedded products. The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to combine that with their technical knowledge to underpin their technical decision making.
Initially this role will be within a team involved in the development of a safety critical embedded software product. The successful candidate will be expected to innovate and contribute to the development of company products to improve capability, effectiveness, and affordability. The successful candidate will also be expected to pro-actively contribute to advancing the skills and capabilities of the software engineering community within Electronic Systems in Hastings.
The Senior Software Engineer will undertake a range of activities, including:
- Technical leadership of product development teams
- Development of architectural concepts and designs
- Advancing the department's skills and capabilities
- Mentoring junior software engineers
- Achieving design assurance needs to time scale and budget
Required Skills & Abilities:
- The successful candidate will need to hold or be able to obtain Security Clearance
- Sufficient relevant software engineering and domain competence across most of the aspects captured below
- Strong experience of the full software development lifecycle
- UML analysis and design
- Embedded software development, both with and without RTOS
- Ada 95/2012
- Software Configuration management and build control
- Experience of safety critical software development Formal methods
- Safety case development
- Unit Test
- Requirements capture preferably with DOORS experience
- Linux development (deployment, device drivers)
- SysML design modelling
- RTCA DO-178C(or DO-178B)
- PowerPC and ARM processors, single and multi-core
- An advanced understanding of the challenges associated with software engineering of avionics equipment.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High levels of motivation, integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility, innovation, and commitment to delivery are required.
- Commitment to professionalism
- The ideal candidate would be registered as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.