Block Property Manager
|Job Title:||Block Property Manager|
|Location:||Hove, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£25000 - £30000 per annum + DOE|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||August 28, 2020 16:46|
Our client is looking for an experienced Block Property Manager to manage a portfolio of long leasehold residential properties that include both small and large blocks in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding area. You will need to be a good team player and able to provide high levels of Customer Service. An ability to solve problems, and be pro-active and self-motivated are all key to the success of the role. The role provides training and excellent career progression opportunities for the right candidate.
- Budgets and expenditure control
- Monitor and report on income and expenditure
- Annual accounts
- Monitor billing and consumption for utilities
- Deal with outstanding debts escalated from the Credit Control team
- Client satisfaction
- Organise the planned maintenance schedule
- Manage reactive works and major works
- Carry out site inspections
- Manage head lease
- Meetings and visits
- Health and safety
- Contract and parking management
- Legal compliance
- AIRPM or higher
- A good standard of general education is essential
- Experienced in long leasehold block management (1+ years), with a good understanding of current legislation affecting residential property management
- A good understanding of residential leases, statutory compliance issues and CDM regulations
- Experience of budget management, financial control, and delivery of cost efficiencies
- Working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance, and repair projects
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and presentation of information
- Strong numeracy skills
- Good problem-solving skills, ability to analyse information and make recommendations accordingly
- Good IT skills - proficiency in Microsoft programmes; knowledge of Qube would be advantageous
- Good team player - willingness to share knowledge and support colleagues if required
- Good standard of English
Hours: Monday to Friday - 9am to 5.30pm (although circumstances may require additional out of hours work from time to time)
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Employee Benefits Package: Training; CPD; Employee Recognition/Reward Scheme; Team Building Events; Cycle to Work Scheme; Free Eye Test Voucher; Employee Assistance; Community Activities and following 2 years' service an additional 5 days annual leave entitlement.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's