Salary is up to £25k initially
A fantastic opportunity: The right candidate will be treated to many benefits including;
- Generous holidays
- Competitive salary
- Duvet days
- Dress down Fridays
- Regular training
- Paperless office
- Friendly working environment
This important role within the firm includes carrying out bookkeeping work for a varied client base as well as guiding clients through the process of transferring their bookkeeping function online in preparation for Making Tax Digital. There are many benefits to clients switching to digital, one of the most important being able to access their information in real time and hence make informed business decisions. Working closely with the Bureau Manager you will have direct contact with clients and be proactive in promoting the services we provide to clients.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Experience with online packages -QuickBooks would be an advantage
- Dealing with a portfolio of bookkeeping clients
- Practice background preferable
- Scheduling and controlling deadlines
- Completion and submission of VAT returns
- Preparation of management accounts from the bookkeeping software
- Strong communication skills both internally and with clients
- Providing advice and training to clients - particularly with QuickBooks
- Assisting with the training of bookkeeping staff
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.