Salary: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum plus £4k bonus, company car and mobile telephone
8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Working for the Sales department. The role will involve regular visits and communication with Clients. To include building a good business relationship and taking responsibility for developing sales opportunities. This involves passing leads back to the Sales team. The primary objective of the role is to help retain customers and generate new business opportunities. This involve cross selling as well as upselling existing systems and ones from competitors (where a customer might have more than one supplier). These would then be given to the Sales Support team.
There will be a sales target in relation to the number of enquiries you will be asked to find as well as a quote value. These will all be part of a sales revenue target. The conversion of opportunities from enquiry to sale for leads that you have generated will also be included.
You will need to:
- Make regular drop-in and scheduled visits to existing customers
- Manage your time and plan your visits effectively
- Log call visit information on the computer systems including customer details, sales type and source of enquiry (in conjunction with the Sales team)
- Keep in touch with existing Clients on a regular basis both in person and by phone/email
- Communicate and provide support on some quotations.
- You may also be asked to spend some time in the office every week on a regular basis to answer telephone calls and write to some prospects and customers in relation to new enquiries.
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written.
- Be literate and numerate.
- Be fully conversant with Microsoft Office systems
- Typing and letter writing.
- Have previous experience in a similar sales support/customer service role.
- The ability to build good business relationships.
Essential Personal Aptitudes and Skills:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Perform well under pressure.
- Have a positive attitude.
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Have a good telephone manner.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.