Purpose of Position
- To work within the Electronic Systems Supply Chain Group as a Buyer supporting various programme requirements.
- Possess market knowledge to inform product and service selection
- Manage a number of large business critical Suppliers/Subcontractors
- Be the primary Point of Contact and pivotal channel of communication between the Programme and Suppliers
- Sourcing and Procuring Electrical and Mechanical Product to Best Price, to the right specification and time scales to meet manufacturing requirements.
- Raising of Purchase Orders and ensuring adherence to required date
- Supplier metrics
- Management of Purchase Orders within ERP system.
- Expediting outstanding Purchase Order.
- Monthly updates to the ERP system prices, MOQ, lead-times and export classifications.
- Supplier development.
- Ensure compliance
- Effectively support communication of the SCM status (commodities and suppliers) during program reviews
Required Skills & Abilities
- Purchasing experience with in a manufacturing background.
- ERP/MRP experience
- Negotiation and cost management experience
- Change Management experience
Required Education & Experience
- Degree level education or Equivalent Experience
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP
- Six Sigma practitioner/ Lean manufacturing.
- Experience of Product Development programmes.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.