|Job Title:||Cafe Manager|
|Location:||Tunbridge Wells, Kent|
|Salary:||Up to £28000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2019 15:29|
45 hours per week, must be able to commit to weekends at weekends and Bank holidays during the busy seasons
You willl be responsible for managing the Café and satellite outlets to maximise income and profitability and offer the best possible customer service by ensuring health and hygiene standards are complied with. This role requires someone with experience of managing a café with very good footfall, it will suit someone who copes will with pressure and has impeccable attention to detail
- Take overall responsibility for the management and operation of the Café and event satellite catering units.
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of food and beverage operations across all points of sale to the highest service standards and performance levels.
- Deliver the highest possible standard of food and beverages with the resources available, within budget and in line with sales/revenue targets
- Ensure that all customers receive a high quality service every time from their arrival through to their departure.
- Take overall responsibility for all F&B budgeting and stock control.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities and innovation for business growth and development.
- Effectively manage and organise the F&B team to ensure the delivery of KPIs, including; managing staff rotas, authorising and administering time sheets, annual leave etc.
- Support and develop the F&B team to perform to the highest standards through coaching, training and regular performance reviews in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective lines of communication, both upwards and downwards, between management and the various F&B teams through regular team meetings and briefings.
- To adhere to company policies and procedures and ensure this is communicated effectively with the team.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties and responsibilities of a similar level and nature may be required from time to time
Key Skills and Knowledge:
- The successful candidate will have worked at a successful high volume venue in a senior position for a minimum of two years, and will be passionate and knowledgeable about the catering industry.
- Personable and charismatic individual, copes well under pressure.
- Work closely with all heads of departments to ensure an excellent relationship between the front and back of house teams.
- Prove record of excellent team management skills.
- A dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit, with ambition to help develop the brand across a number of channels
- Experience of working in positions of high responsibility in the hotel of food & beverage sectors and managing teams of at least twenty staff.
- Significant food & beverage experience (5 years minimum)
- Full understanding of food safety and hygiene.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organisational planning.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's