Chemistry Technician / Lab Assistant
|Job Title:||Chemistry Technician / Lab Assistant|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £18000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2020 15:50|
Hours: 7am - 3.30pm or 8.30am to 5pm (flexibility required)
- Quality assurance, Research & Development
- Develop new product formulations in the Laboratory
- Pilot manufacture in the Lab all new products formulations and test experimental products to external industry standards.
- Production-trial new products in the plant, and test trial products against external industry standards, and internal quality standards.
- Adapt and modify existing formulations as required to meet company requirements, and external specifications.
- Develop own formulations for products to meet company requirements.
- Test product longevity and fitness for purpose.
- Understand the requirements of critical industry standards, and liaise with test houses for testing development products.
- Evaluate new raw materials in existing formulations to effect product improvements.
- Write and distribute technical reports.
- Maintain, calibrate, clean test equipment.
- Order and maintain stock and resources.
- Educated to A-Level/Degree or National Higher Diploma standard in Chemistry or Chemical Technology.
- RQF Level 4 or 5
- Analytical mindset with a methodical approach to problem solving and product development.
- Previous employment in a chemical laboratory.
- Experience in polymer chemistry.
- Knowledge of inorganic fillers, and filler technology is not a prerequisite, but will be an advantage.
- Computer literate (Word documents, Spreadsheets, Internet)
- Able to work independently and unsupervised when required.
The successful candidate will undergo a period of internal training and assessment against pre-determined goals and outcomes.
RQF Level 4 Descriptor
Has practical, theoretical or technical knowledge and understanding of a subject or field of work to address problems that are well defined but complex and non-routine. Can analyse, interpret and evaluate relevant information and ideas. Is aware of the nature of approximate scope of the area of study or work. Has an informed awareness of different perspectives or approaches within the area of study or work.
Identify, adapt and use appropriate cognitive and practical skills to inform actions and address problems that are complex and non-routine while normally fairly well-defined. Review the effectiveness and appropriateness of methods, actions and results.
RQF Level 5 Descriptor
Has practical, theoretical or technological knowledge and understanding of a subject or field of work to find ways forward in broadly defined, complex contexts. Can analyse, interpret and evaluate relevant information, concepts and ideas. Is aware of the nature and scope of the area of study or work. Understands different perspectives, approaches or schools of thought and the reasoning behind them.
- Determine, adapt and use appropriate methods, cognitive and practical skills to address broadly defined, complex problems. Use relevant research or development to inform actions. Evaluate actions, methods and results.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's