This is a fantastic opportunity for a Claims & Underwriting Manager with Life Insurance experience to join a market leading business based in Romford, Essex.
You will be responsible for managing a team delivering claims assessment and underwriting services to the company's clients, ensuring that all client service levels are met or exceeded.
- £40,000 - £45,000 (DOE)
- Monday - Friday, 37 hours a week (Or as the job requires)
Flexible working hours available (In line with the business needs)
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Manage the team's overall workflow management process, ensuring the achievement of agreed Service Level Agreements
- Use in-depth knowledge of the financial services industry to provide a technical reference point for the team and other departments in relation to Critical Illness, Income Protection, Waiver of Premium, Long Term Care, Ill-health, Death claims, and potentially Underwriting
- Identify areas of risk within the department and liaise with management to offer and implement appropriate resolutions
- Maximise productivity and utilisation, whilst also meeting agreed quality standards
- Work proactively with clients to ensure that issues are effectively resolved, and positive relationships exist
- Interact with the team members and take over calls or make manager call backs where required
- Ensure through robust capacity planning that suitably trained team members are always in place and are allocated to deal with anticipated volumes
- Set team and individual objectives ensuring that these are followed up through 1-2-1s and appraisals
- Provide constructive feedback to team members, identify training needs and oversee training and development plans
- Facilitate team meetings, workshops and walkthroughs with colleagues and management
- Provide effective training and support to colleagues with regards to development and changing practices
- Produce and analyse the weekly and monthly MI and the annual claims analysis
- Ensure that data security precautions are maintained to prevent the possibility of Identity Theft by conducting regular sweeps of desks, locked cupboards, waste bins and locked PCs
- Ensure all key departmental controls are effective and fully adhered to
- Liaise with auditors as required and ensure that all relevant actions are managed and closed
- Comply with all HCLIBS Management Standards, policies and procedures
- Involvement in internal and client driven projects as required
- Ideally you will be a Senior Claims & Underwriting manager with 5-10 years' experience in Life Insurance.
· Relevant core CII exams (or to be completed within 2 years of appointment)
- CII Life, Critical Illness & Disability Claims Diploma; CII Life & Disability Underwriting Diploma
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.