|Job Title:||Cleaning Operative|
|Location:||Peacehaven, East Sussex|
|Salary:||Up to £17550 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||March 19, 2019 17:26|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Cleaning Operative from the Peacehaven area to join a large reputable cleaning firm.
Your main aim will be to provide a first class cleaning service and to ensure that all work is delivered to a high standard and contract specification. This is a mobile role, travelling to various sites across Peacehaven, Newhaven and Seaford.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Dust, damp wipe or wash walls, skirting boards, hand rails, ledges, window sills, radiators, lifts, doors and frames
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops
- Hoovering of carpeted areas
- Using electronically powered scrubbing/polishing machines where appropriate
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles and transporting waste material to designated collection points
- Be able to competently mix cleaning supplies in the correct quantities for safe use
- Replenishing consumable items e.g. soap, toilet rolls, paper towels (if contractual)
- Clean toilets, urinals, hand basins and sinks (if contractual)
- Clean communal kitchen areas (if contractual)
- IT literate (use of tablet, smart phone apps)
- Drivers license essential - van provided
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written (English)
- Previous experience in cleaning environment
- Knowledge of cleaning substances and techniques preferable
- Have a can do, positive attitude
- A strong customer focused approach
- Be able to work without supervision and manage your own workload
- Be able to follow a schedule and work to deadlines
- Good timekeeping and personal presentation skills
- Ability to implement Health and Safety requirements to ensure safe working practices
- Be prepared to undertake a DBS check
Experience and requirements
Required experience: 1 Years' Experience required
Licence or certification: Full UK Driving Licence
Salary: £17550 pa
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's