|Job Title:||CNC Machinist|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 22, 2021 12:55|
Position: CNC Machinists - Milling/Turning
Salary: Competitive salary
We are currently recruiting for CNC Machinists to join our consumer electronics client based in Hastings, working across both milling and turning.. This is a permanent role working on the following swing shift pattern:
Monday to Thursday: 6.00am - 14.00pm / 14.00pm - 22.00pm
Friday: 6.00am - 13.00pm / 13.00pm - 20.00pm
The role will include the following duties:
- Programme, set and operate CNC multi turret/spindle machines (Fanuc program control) ,inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained.
- Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs essential.
- Capable of taking drawing to part (read the drawing and make that part).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M's; 5S's etc.).
- Quality conscience.
- First off inspection.
- Work effectively and resolve issues within a team environment.
- Complete accurately all necessary material movement paperwork (i.e. route cards, material traceability, program changes).
- Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components.
- To set and operate manual machines as necessary.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes.
You must have experience of working with CNC machinery, and be a hardworking and self-motivated individual looking to join a leading consumer brand at a time of exciting change and growth. We will also consider more junior candidates with some engineering experience/an Engineering Apprenticeship who are quick to learn and looking to develop a career in this field.
Please note that you may have to travel within the UK for some initial training between now and October 2021.