|Job Title:||CNC Machinist|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||May 26, 2021 15:32|
Position: CNC Machinists - Milling/Turning
Salary: Competitive salary
We are currently recruiting for CNC Machinists to join our consumer electronics client based in Hastings, working across both milling and turning.. This is a permanent role working on the following swing shift pattern:
Monday to Thursday: 6.00am - 14.00pm / 14.00pm - 22.00pm
Friday: 6.00am - 13.00pm / 13.00pm - 20.00pm
The role will include the following duties:
- Programme, set and operate CNC multi turret/spindle machines (Fanuc program control) ,inspecting your own work and recording the results to ensure the required quality is maintained.
- Ability to perform fast set-ups / change overs essential.
- Capable of taking drawing to part (read the drawing and make that part).
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good understanding of Lean Manufacturing (4M's; 5S's etc.).
- Quality conscience.
- First off inspection.
- Work effectively and resolve issues within a team environment.
- Complete accurately all necessary material movement paperwork (i.e. route cards, material traceability, program changes).
- Perform any additional operations necessary (including deburring) that are required to produce finished components.
- To set and operate manual machines as necessary.
- Involvement in continuous improvement activities / Lean processes.
You must have experience of working with CNC machinery, and be a hardworking and self-motivated individual looking to join a leading consumer brand at a time of exciting change and growth. We will also consider more junior candidates with some engineering experience/an Engineering Apprenticeship who are quick to learn and looking to develop a career in this field.
Please note that you may have to travel within the UK for some initial training between now and October 2021.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's