CNC Miller Programmer
40 hours per week on a double day shift pattern
Week 1: 6 am to 2:30 pm Monday to Thursday
Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Week 2: 1:30pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday
Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Over time rate is time and a half normal rate this is paid for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
Hours worked after 4:30pm are paid at normal rate plus 10%
Holiday entitlement is 22 days per year increasing by 1 day per full year worked to a maximum of 25 days
- Programming and operating CNC VMC both 3 and 4 axis.
- Program using G-code and conversational methods as well as cad-cam programing.
- Programing experience in Fanuc or Siemens
- Programing CNC VMC both at control and CAD software based
- Manual Milling experience would be a benefit having gained cutting tools experience.
- Set work pieces, set tooling, setting of fixtures ability to create fixtures and plan out production methods.
- Edge cam or other cadcam software experience would be a benefit but training can be provided.
- Ability to inspect own work as well as working along side inspection department to ensure quality standards are maintained.
Experience with the following machines would be a benefit:
- XYZ VMC Siemens control 828D.
- Doosan VMC Siemens control 828D
- YANG SMV1000
A good clear understanding of technical drawings is required as is an understanding of advanced tooling and production methods.
The correct engineer for this role will have the ability to work as parts of a close team of engineers as well as having the experience to problem solve independently (although help and advice will always be given where required)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.