CNC Operative / Milling / Programming
|Job Title:||CNC Operative / Milling / Programming|
|Location:||Hastings, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£25000 - £32000 per annum + days only|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||April 24, 2019 02:20|
Job title: CNC Operative / Milling / Programming
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 per annum (days only)
The CNC Programmer/Operator / Miller will be responsible for writing and editing CNC programs utilising CAM Software. Must be able to program with G code programming on multi axis machines, Milling & CAM experience is also essential and the ability to run machining operations from a parts drawing as well as recommend appropriate tooling.
The post holder will be required to support all other functions within the manufacturing operation.
- Write CNC programs to support production requirements providing optimum manufacturing cost and quality
- Experience in programming CAM Software and Milling
- Set Work Pieces, Run Direct and Remote Programs
- Examine electronic data for defects and completeness
- Document setup instructions that list tools, tool positions, feeds, speeds, and fixtures required to run machine in assigned workplace
- Update and maintain current revision log and levels of CNC programs and computer files
- Promote interaction with Engineering and Product/Production Management
- Read and understand Technical prints
- Entering time through shop floor control
- ONC/HNC (Mechanical, Manufacturing Technology or Industrial Technology) or equivalent experience in a related field
- Proven machining experience on CNC equipment or using CNC solid modeling (turning and milling)
- Programming experience
- Extensive knowledge of machine functions (G code, M code, Offsets, etc…)
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's