Position: CNC Setter Operator
Salary: £25k - £30k + shift allowance
- Early shift: 8am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8am to 1pm on Friday
- OR 6am to 2pm Monday to Thursday 6am to 1pm on Friday
- Late shift: 2pm to 10pm Monday to Thursday, 1pm to 8pm Friday
To set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Set and operate first operation CNC machines and support with setting and/or operating second operation machines as required ensuring parts are to the correct quality specified on the drawing and routing instructions, in line with the fundamental rules of component manufacture.
- Assist in the training of others as required.
- Understand priorities and to work towards achieving delivery objectives.
- Work to maintain and improve time standards so that late jobs may be minimised.
- Maintain a high level of house-keeping at all times in order that 5S+1 and health and safety standards may be maintained.
- Make small fixtures and grind tools when necessary.
- Observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- Ensure all required maintenance is carried out in accordance to TPM plan.
- Relevant skills and experience to include Programming experience
- Ability to recognise and resolve day-to-day problems and to manage workload according to demand and priority. Must be able to work with minimal supervision and follow set procedures whilst adhering to strict safety regulations.
- A high degree of concentration is required plus the ability to work within a noisy machine shop environment.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.