Alternate Shifts: 6am till 2pm, or 2pm to 10pm
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- To set and operate first and second operation machines to accurate specifications ensuring that components are produced correct to drawing and delivered on time.
- To set and operate first operation CNC machines and support with setting and/or operating second operation machines as required ensuring parts are to the correct quality specified on the drawing and routing instructions, in line with the fundamental rules of component manufacture.
- To assist in the training of others as required.
- To understand priorities and to work towards achieving delivery objectives.
- To work to maintain and improve time standards so that late jobs may be minimised.
- To maintain a high level of house-keeping at all times in order that 5S+1 and health and safety standards may be maintained.
- To make small fixtures and grind tools when necessary.
- To observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and Government legislation.
- To ensure all required maintenance is carried out in accordance to TPM plan.
- To adhere to company procedures at all times.
- A good basic standard of education is required with an engineering bias
- Experience of machine tools would be an advantage
- Previous relevant experience
- Training would be given on the companies machines and products
- Candidate needs to be a team player and eager to learn
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.