6 months contract - may be extended to 12 months
To pro-actively promote a positive profile for this Community Rehabilitation Organisation with key stakeholders, including service users, partner organisations, the public and staff. To ensuring that the Brand strategy is embedded within the organisation and supports and develops the organisation's positive profile.
- To work with senior management to develop, implement and review a brand strategy, encompassing internal and external communications. To include key messages and briefing materials for the media, public and partners.
- To advise the Chief Executive, directors and other senior managers on the brand strategy encompassing Internal and external communications and implementation.
- To develop structures and processes for consulting and advising on PR and communications both externally and internally in conjunction with lead senior managers.
- To work closely and maintain effective working relationships with the MOJ and NOMS Communications teams in order to anticipate and respond to issues
- To support and advise senior managers on consulting and collaborating with other agencies and the wider community.
- To oversee and support the development of the "Cascade" briefing of essential internal information.
- To assess and develop the local market for media relations
- To seek out PR opportunities which explain and promote the work of the Service
- To act as the point of contact and spokesperson for media enquiries. Liaising with the Chief Executive to ensure immediate and appropriate responses.
- To oversee on design and publication materials
- To ensure quality assurance of materials used by local divisions, teams, including the agreed development and use of desktop materials.
- To prepare press releases on a proactive and reactive basis
- To oversee production of annual plans and reports
- To manage delegated budget
- To manage the website facilities
- To produce regular reports on PR and communications activity to senior management, and in conjunction with senior managers, plan and report on feedback into the Service
- Advise senior and middle managers on all communications issues
- To work closely with the Chief Executive's support team to ensure the Chief is prepared for presentations and media opportunities
- To oversee applications for awards and our internal awards scheme
- To manage communication of change within the organisation
- To support senior managers in the deployment of the employee engagement strategy.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.