This role is for an Anti Social Behaviour specialist who will need excellent investigative skills. Working primarily in the Hastings and Hailsham area and therefore candidates must have their own transport. Mileage expense will be paid. Willing to pay up to £17.75 per hour (PAYE) for an experienced ASB Housing Officer. Accountable for meeting the objectives of the Resident Involvement Strategy and Community Involvement Strategy
- To provide comprehensive estate and tenancy management and to develop sustainable communities.
- Acting as the first point of contact for correspondence and taking ownership to ensure a suitable resolution
- Responsible for managing the letting of premises to provide a seamless service to customers ensuring prompt re-letting of vacant dwellings
- Responsible for ensuring that accompanied viewings, inspections and post tenancy visits are completed and reflect our re-let standard
- Responsible for proactively managing cases of anti-social behaviour, bring resolution in liaison with partner agencies
- Responsible for contributing to the development of sustainable communities
- Responsible for undertaking state inspections and risk assessments
- Participate in the out of hours emergency rota
Transport is essential car owner plus expenses paid
- Establish customer requirements and aim to meet these consistently in line with service standards and where appropriate best practice
- Ensure a satisfactory resolution to customer problems
- Recognise the important role the team plays in meeting customer requirements
- Go beyond our day-to-day work to assist customers and go the extra mile
Be self aware
- Be aware of our impact of behaviour and emotions
- Understand the possibilities for our own development, identifying our strengths and weaknesses
- Adapt communication styles and methods to suit a range of audiences
- Demonstrate an ability to learn and improve
Deal with feedback
- Actively encourage and respond to feedback
- Demonstrate an interest in different views, experiences and backgrounds
- Build trust with and communicates respect for others
- Challenge inappropriate behaviour that is contrary to the Group's values
- Ensure our communications are structured and presented in a way that aids understanding
- Continually assess performance to ensure progress
- Act as a role model and be an example to others
Use our initiative
- Identify ideas and improvements within our own area of responsibility
- Ask questions about the organisation
- Engage enthusiastically with new ideas
- Draw on past experiences and use common sense to identify problems
- Spot and highlight recurring problems
- Choose a course of action from a range of options
Work in teams and collaborate
- Work across departmental boundaries
- Actively promote the knowledge of the services of the team and/or partnership
- Co-operate with others, providing the knowledge, information and support when required
- Contribute to team and partnership initiatives, projects and meetings
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.