Purpose of Position:
It is the policy of the company to comply fully with UK, U.S. and other countries' import/export, anti-bribery and customs legislation.
The role of the Trade Compliance Administrator will involve supporting the Trade Compliance Team and Mission Systems portfolio of programmes and business development activities across the business unit in all aspects of Import, Export and Anti-Corruption Compliance, collectively "Trade Compliance"
The Trade Compliance Administrator will be required to:
- Maintain records of the Export/Import Rating/Classification of goods, software and technical data
- Process authorisations for review, execution and filing
- Compliantly process export & import documentation
- Process travel, IT and visitor authorisation requests
- Prepare and process import declarations
- Schedule meetings and travel
- Assist with development and record keeping of new and updated policies and processes
- Other administrative duties as required by the department
- Previous administrative experience
- Computer literate, with good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Numerate, with good written and verbal communication skills
- Methodical approach to record keeping and task prioritisation with exceptional attention to detail
- Conscientious, enthusiastic and with an ability to rapidly switch subjects
- Proactive, and with the credibility to gain the respect of personnel at all levels in the company
- Able to work well and make clear rational decisions under pressure
- Able to work as part of a team and autonomously by managing own workload
- Awareness of Trade Compliance Legislation.
Required Education & Experience:
- Minimum 5 GCSE at A-C level to include English and Maths
- Previous experience in import, export, shipping or compliance functions not necessary although desirable
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.