|Job Title:||Construction Estimator|
|Location:||Battle, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£30 - £40 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||June 18, 2021 11:41|
Position: Construction Estimator
Salary £30 - 40K
Ref: T2DH2 / 1376622
The company work on Projects up to £1.2m , predominantly in the Residential sector, so they are looking for an Estimator capable of completing tenders for extensions and new builds ranging in value from £100k-1m, the main duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:-
- Liaise with all prospects from enquiry through to prospect decision making.
- Meet and build relationships with all prospects.
- Create and present detailed quotations based upon the prospects' desires.
- Complete accurate tenders by the agreed return date.
- Maintain and manage a £2m+ sales pipeline.
- Establish and build long-term relationships with key strategic alliances.
- Attend and liaise with all relevant personnel at the pre-start meeting.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and paperwork are organized before the commencement of works.
- Preparation of enquiries to subcontractors.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience: -
- 2 years' experience within similar role.
- 5 years' experience within the construction industry.
- Completing domestic quotes for extensions and new builds from a value of £100K to £750K, ability to manage pipeline
- Ability to read, measure, and understand all construction drawings with the ability to visualise the build and foresee issues.
- Deep understanding of construction methods and building regulations.
- Familiar with different contract types (JCT)
- Must have an approachable understandable personality with a problem-solving attitude.
- Experience within the domestic construction sector.
- Experience in meeting and discussing all types of projects with the prospect.
A Building Contractor who are growing steadily across the South East, have a healthy order book and who are renowned for their personable and highly professional service are on the market seeking a Construction Estimator to support with the volume of tenders they are receiving due to recommendations off the back of the quality of workmanship delivered on their projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work for a reputable contractor who truly trying to make a difference for their clients with their personable service.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However, if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's