|Job Title:||Conveyancing Assistant|
|Location:||Uckfield, East Sussex|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 17:16|
This is an exciting opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join a market leading firm of solicitors in Uckfield.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Providing administrative and clerical support on conveyancing transactions handled (new estimates, new file openings, key administrative steps and processes on live cases; key steps through to completions, post completion work; including file supervisions, file closures and archiving)
- Becoming fluent and proficient with, and engaging in the Department's day to day work; the case management system; and personally handling key stages of the conveyancing work
- If required, to effectively use the firm's digital dictation system to process documents and correspondence
- To communicate whether in person, by e-mail and or on the telephone in a timely professional and efficient manner
- To ensure the firm's quality file management procedures are accurately carried out including timely use of checklists, E-filing, and timely filing of all paper correspondence, attendance notes and time records
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain your own and the conveyancing fee earners' diaries using the Microsoft Outlook calendar system
- To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated
- Desire to expand the above knowledge and experience skills and develop better technical ability
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work independently but also as part of a team
- Flexible, adaptable and positive attitude to work
- Able to identify priorities within a complex and demanding workload and sustain consistent quality performance when under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) as the role will involve a high degree of contact with clients and property professionals
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Confident in own abilities and self motivated
- Displays a genuine commitment to assisting with delivering a top quality service to clients
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's