You will be on the Residential Property Team
35 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9-5
Circa £19,000 + per annum
To support the Head of the Residential Property Team by providing competent and efficient legal secretarial and administration support.
- To support the Head of the Residential Property Team in the management of the secretarial workload, ensuring that the priorities of the department are met.
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up-to-date diary.
- Accurate and timely preparation of correspondence from digital dictation and word processing.
- Organisation of the file management system, including maintaining the relevant paper and electronic filing systems and archiving in accordance with the Practice Manual.
- Confidently use the main features of the core systems and software packages relevant to your position and practice area.
- Proactively work to ensure relevant documentation is produced to meet clients' expectations and the needs of the business, and make recommendations on improving work practices as necessary.
- Ensure all documents and records are maintained in accordance with security and data protection rules.
- Respond to internal and external client needs in a timely, professional, helpful and courteous manner.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the type of law practiced by your team.
- Plan and prioritise your work effectively with minimum supervision to meet deadlines and ensure that your colleagues are updated on your progress.
- Continually look to improve your skills and knowledge and respond positively to feedback from others.
Key skills and knowledge:
- Excellent word-processing and digital dictation skills
- Experience of the production of standard conveyancing contracts, forms and documents
- Experience of carrying out Land Registry and other searches
- Experience of completion of SDLT forms
- Ability to compile and calculate completion statements
- Practical experience of handling client enquiries both by telephone and face-to-face
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision
- Strong attention to detail and delivers work to a consistently high standard
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving work practices and supporting company plans and policies
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with others and is seen as "approachable"
- Flexible and willing to provide support required to all Partners and colleagues in the office
- Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision-making when dealing with problems
- Ability to express oneself both verbally and in writing in a clear and constructive way
- Willing to ask questions, listen to other's views and accept feedback
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.