Our client is looking for an experienced and hardworking cook for their restaurant near the Cranbrook area.
This is a temporary position, for approximately 6 months.
3 days a week on a rota basis as follows:
Week 1 - Wednesday/Thursday/Friday
Week 2 - Friday/Saturday/Sunday
Hours: 8am to 6pm
The client offers a 10 minute paid coffee break, 1/2 hour unpaid lunch break. Light lunch and free and tea & coffee are also provided.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of food and beverages to a high standard, including working independently preparing hot food, and following set recipes
- Complying with food hygiene and Health & Safety regulations, and undertaking any necessary training.
- Providing a professional, courteous and respectful service in order to ensure good customer service, and to maintain the service's good reputation
- Occasionally serving food and clearing tables if the business requires
- Clearing down work areas and ensuring cleanliness of the premises in line with Health & Safety Regulations
- Ensuring stock rotation and use of goods within use-by dates
- Occasional requirement to take cash and card payments and pass takings to the relevant department
- Assisting with the ordering of stock and maintaining adequate stock levels of supplies and cooked food for the efficient operation of the business
- Accepting deliveries and checking against invoices. You may be required to shop for items if and when required
- If necessary, opening and closing the premises and leaving in a safe and secure manner
- Arranging for maintenance and repair of equipment if required
- Organising staff breaks in the manager's absence, to ensure service continuity
Candidates must be able to work to a high standard, and must be experienced in the use of kitchen equipment including grills and griddles.
Due to the location of this role, candidates should have their own transport.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.