Credit Control Clerk
|Job Title:||Credit Control Clerk|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£20000 - £25000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2020 15:26|
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Credit Control Clerk to join an established business based in Eastbourne.
The successful candidate will be working as part of a small accounts team to ensure the effective Credit Control and timely payment of accounts for the business.
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 DOE
Hours: Monday - Friday, 9am - 5:30pm
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Debt collection of new and renewed accounts
- On-time mailing of reminder letters
- On-time telephone follow up calls
- Issuing copy invoices at client's request
- Scheduling of follow up activities
- Scheduling of activities for other personnel
- Updating account and contact details on company database
- Taking incoming calls and direct enquiries to the appropriate personnel
- Providing backup cover as required for Operations Manager and Administration Assistant
- Conducting all telephone, email and written correspondence with clients in a professional and courteous manner within company guidelines
- Performing assigned tasks in a helpful and timely manner
- Undertaking other responsibilities from time to time as requested by the Company
- Current cash collection levels maintained
- Reduction in numbers of re-instated licences
- Daily level of phone call enquiries maintained
- Accurate knowledge of high value invoice payments
- Reduced number of licences passed on for further investigation
- Ideally you will be an Accounts/Credit Control professional with 5+ years' experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems, including Microsoft Office
- Able to multi-task and prioritise work effectively
- Experience with Oracle accountancy software (Desirable)
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's