Position: Credit Controller
Vacancy Number: 1374976
This is an exciting opportunity for a Credit Controller to join a leading freight forwarding company.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Credit control for Local Customers
- Ensure that on hold accounts, prevention and credit exceed procedures are adhered to
- Liaise with Back office on remittance allocations for customer receipts
- Chase overdue invoices via telephone and e-mail
- identify queries on the accounts and liaise with internal departments and the customer to resolve efficiently
- Put customers on stop where necessary and communicate this to relevant personnel -Review and highlight bad debt risks.
- Update comments to ensure system is up to date.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports of aged debt
- Attend weekly meetings with the Credit Control team and Financial Controller to discuss progress on receivables
- Excellent systems skills
- Pleasant phone manner, flexible and firm
- Financial understanding and ability to read and interpret reports and accounts
- Understanding of IT based systems and processes
Education and qualifications
- Competent Excel user
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.