This is an exciting opportunity for a Customs Entry Clerk to join a company based in Dagenham.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Preparation and completion of customs entries for import and export by road (80%) and sea (20%)
- Dealing with entry queries - commodity codes, duty rates, licences and documentation requirements etc
- Calculation of duty and VAT rates per consignment
- Processing duty reclaims
- Maintaining compliance with current and evolving legislation, laws and customs procedures
- Ability to react to changing priorities
- Experience within a freight forwarding environment essential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience entering declarations with clearance software essential (Datafeight/Destin8/Chief)
- Comprehensive knowledge of customs procedures and principles
- Experience with Datafreight advantageous
- Full time permanent
- Hours: 10:30 to 19:00
- Location: Dagenham RM9
- Salary: up to £30k
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.