|Job Title:||Data Scientist|
|Location:||Eastbourne, East Sussex|
|Salary:||£50000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sammons Group|
|Job Published:||September 03, 2020 15:31|
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Data Scientist to join an established international business based in Eastbourne.
The purpose of this role is to have accountability for executing the direction of the company's Data strategy. This includes maximising the value of the data that the business holds, advising and driving the data quality standards across the organisation, identifying opportunities and implementing data science solutions and providing analysis and insights across EU & US markets.
Core Activities, Duties and Key Tasks
- Using a range of techniques (predictive analysis, data integration, text analysis, web scraping etc.) with large, complex datasets
- Construct and deliver proofs-of-concept to address specific business needs, using the most appropriate techniques, data sources and technologies
- Rapidly prototyping high-quality applications that meet user needs whilst ensuring that your output is robust
- Reporting against multiple datasets
- Practical experience of delivering innovative data-driven solutions on large or complex datasets; including gathering and manipulating disparate data, applying analytical techniques and visualising results
- Experienced and confident with a range of core data science techniques (e.g. predictive analysis, text analysis, web scraping) and associated limitations
- Must have Salesforce and BI experience to an intermediate level
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience working with a range of colleagues to deliver results
- Good written and verbal communication, with the ability to present complex ideas simply to technical and non-technical audiences
- Collaborative approach and the ability to take account of a range of varying perspectives, including the consumer, through discovery, design, iteration and implementation
Technical Skills Required
A good technical understanding or exposure to the following essential:
- Power BI
- SQL Query
- Qlik Sense
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.